Monday 23 July 2012

Sainsbury Sport Mile- 25 March 2012

Hannah and Me

My friend, Hannah, who is the current Sweaty Betty Cambridge boutique manager, was doing the Sainsbury Sport Relief Mile. She was shooting for the 3 mile course with her then boyfriend now husband and his fitness class members. Three miles was a great goal for her as she is not a regular runner but quite active in other sports such as tennis and she of course attends Andy’s classes (not sure if it is by choice though :).

I was training up for the Shakespeare Marathon and had to run 18 miles that day so I decided I would go and support Hannah and join her for the Sainsbury Sport Mile but do the 6 mile one so that I could get the miles in. I ran from my house to Milton Country Park and did the Sports Mile and then ran up the path along the River Cam to the Sailing Club near Waterbeach.

I really enjoyed this event, it was organised and the atmosphere was really good too. I like things like this because some people use this to get themselves more active and I always hope that if they have trained for this that they will carry on. I always try to be motivating for those that I come across by saying ‘well done’ and ‘keep it up’ and if someone stops to walk; I tell them ‘you are almost finished’. I hope that they do not find this patronising and I often think I should wear a shirt with a picture of what I used to look like so that they know that I have not always been the size that I am.  Those are the real people that inspire me to keep running because it reminds me of the tough road I have travelled and that we all have to start somewhere. If you are one of those people that are trying to lose weight or get into shape, keep it up and know that I am cheering for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment