Monday 23 July 2012

London to Cambridge Bike Ride 22 July 2012

Finished!
I did the London to Cambridge Bike Ride last year with Jane and Jon's dad, Charles. It was a good event despite the fact that Jane and my bikes were lost for 2 hours because the lorry carrying them got lost even though he was supposed to just follow the coach we were on.

This year I didn't think I was going to be able to do because I was on Brownie Pack Holiday but the fabulous Brown Owl said I could go because we had a smaller group of brownies than we thought.

I really wanted to do this one this year because my husband and his dad were going to do it and I wanted to be a part of it. Four years ago my husband had a horrible accident at work that has really limited his life, he cannot walk too far, cannot run, had to give up sailing but helping me train for my marathon (he rode on a bike next to me for a 20 mile run) opened up a door for him. He thought if he could try this event.

We got really lucky with the weather as it has been really bad lately. It was the perfect day and we all were able to stay together, my bike didn’t get lost as we went down with Charles’ work. I was so proud of Jon as it is a struggle for most people but to be able to complete this with his leg was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment