Saturday 15 December 2012

Ode to My Running Partner

For me, Dusty is the perfect running partner, always wants to go for a run, can keep up with me and makes me feel safe in our early morning runs in the dark.

Anna saw that Women's Running wanted people to write in about running with their dogs. I wrote in and sent some pictures and was picked!

I got a great top and Dusty got some food and treats, not too bad, eh?

I have recently returned to running as a regular thing and really enjoying it. I see how much of a difference it makes to Dusty and we have such a strong bond. I call him my shadow. I sent this article to the woman who sold us Dusty two years ago this Christmas and she said it was lovely that I found a soulmate in him.

Its funny because I never really reflected on how much we have been through in just our running together, the time he jumped in the River Cam to avoid a bike when we ran with the girls, the time we almost got swept away in the sea in Southwold, the numerous encounters with cows and having hypothermia after a long training run. He never complained once and was always ready for the next one. In fact he is calling me to go for a nice run on a Saturday morning right now.

Hopefully you will find your running solemate.

No comments:

Post a Comment