Monday 2 January 2012

Back in action and ready to rock!

Dusty and I have been laying low for the last few days to allow my hip to heal from the long Christmas Challenge on Tuesday but we managed 4 miles and everything feels okay.

I was excited to try out the new Helly Hansen kit that Jon got me for Christmas. I told him I needed thermal running gear since Dusty and I are still braving the cold for our runs. I have to admit when I first tried them on I wasn't sure that they would be warm enough because they are as thin as the tights I run in but today I was really warm! I guess the Royal Marines know what they are talking about (apparently they wear them when they are training).

Anyways, we are back on track for Janathon which means we will be running everyday. On my rest days I will be only doing 2 miles but I think this is a great way to get started on the training!

No comments:

Post a Comment