Friday 16 December 2011

Why I am taking part in Janathon

I always like a challenge and this year is not any different. I am not only tackling my first marathon, I am doing 538 miles for Help for Heroes. I am running 62 miles, cycling 260 and walking 8 marathons. I really need to start getting the training in as my next half marathon is on the 11th of March.

I thought that Janathon would be just what I need to get me going. Unfortunately I am not able to only do running because I have a few events already schedule but I will be being active.

Whilst Dusty is my main running partner, I am fortunate to have a few different people to spend my time running with, Jenn and Anna, we motivate each other to get running early in the winter mornings. 

A lot of people think I am over excited about my sports, you can tell by the enthusiasm and challenges I set myself, but there is something behind my enthusiasm. I have lost a significant amount of weight since separating from the United States Air Force. I found out that I am allergic to milk and soya. Whilst I was always a runner and fast, I could never shed the weight. Now its so much easier to run now and I am very proud to have run my first half marathon with Jenn in 1:50:21.  My target for the marathon is 4 hours. So I really better get on the training.

Please donate to this worthy cause at my charity page and follow my progress on my FB page for my challenge.

Happy Running!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment